When it comes to traveling, drinking pure water is a huge deal because contaminated water can destroy your health in no time and sabotage your plans to have a great vacation experience. Although it is easy to get bottled water wherever you go, it is not a cost effective option. This is where the use of a travel water purifier comes in.
Travel water purifiers are portable and so can easily be taken with you while traveling, whether you are traveling abroad or going on hiking or camping trips. When you are traveling to places that don’t maintain the required levels of hygiene and sanitation, it is very important to take a water purifier with you so that you don’t fall sick from drinking dirty water.
A water purifier works differently from a regular water filter in that it changes the composition of the water, making it drinkable, rather than just removing impurities from the water. To achieve this, water purifiers use a variety of techniques such as osmosis, Ultraviolet light and the use of chemicals such as chlorine and iodine. These devices that sometimes run on batteries or a solar charge are capable of purifying hundreds of bottles of water per charge.
Here are some water purifiers that we recommend for travelers:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01M66C1KH” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”megat01-20″ cart=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier BOTTLE [/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”right” cart=”y” height=”110″ identifier=”B01M66C1KH” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” src=”http://www.megatraveltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/31GMW71a01L.SL110.jpg” tag=”megat01-20″ width=”73″]
- Ideal for global traveling, outdoor adventures, emergency preparedness, hiking, backpacking, camping, fishing, survival
- Fast and easy-to-use, simply Fill. Press. Drink.™ No sucking, squeezing, pumping, prolonged waiting, ultraviolet bulbs, or batteries
- Award winning [ONE PRESS] design makes clean, purified drinking water in only 15 seconds from virtually any fresh water source in the world
- Removes 99.9999% of viruses (e.g. Hepatitis A, SARS, Rotavirus); 99.9999% of disease-causing bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella, Cholera); and 99.999% of protozoan cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- Filters particulates (e.g. sediment, silt), many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, benzene) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic); zero aftertaste, eliminates bad odors, improves clarity and flavor
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01G7SQBPQ” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”megat01-20″ cart=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]LifeStraw Go Water Bottle with Integrated 1,000 Liter LifeStraw Filter and Activated Carbon[/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”right” cart=”y” height=”110″ identifier=”B01G7SQBPQ” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” src=”http://www.megatraveltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/41ji32kfMKL.SL110-1.jpg” tag=”megat01-20″ width=”79″]
- Reusable LifeStraw Go water bottle that filters water as you drink; great for travel, backpacking, camping or emergencies
- Award-winning LifeStraw hollow fiber membrane water filter removes bacteria and protozoa without chemicals, iodine or batteries
- 2nd stage activated carbon filter reduces odor, chlorine and leaves zero aftertaste
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (> LOG 6 reduction) and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Durable, 23 ounce, leak-proof bottle made of BPA-free Tritan; Replacement filters available separately
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00YZ5KULA” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”megat01-20″ cart=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]Revive H2O All Purpose Filter Water Bottle Set – Includes Squeeze Bottle and Adapter [/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”right” cart=”y” height=”110″ identifier=”B00YZ5KULA” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” src=”http://www.megatraveltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/4188KKCZvIL.SL110.jpg” tag=”megat01-20″ width=”110″]
- THE ONLY WATER FILTER YOU WILL EVER NEED – Removes 99.9% of water borne parasitic protozoa and bacteria. FAR SURPASSES GOVERNMENT SAFETY STANDARDS IN ALL AREAS.
- EVERYDAY USE – This amazing filter blocks ALL particles above 0.2 microns. Carbon filter softens water and removes odour.
- *BONUS SQUEEZE BOTTLE* – Allows water to be filtered for cooking or small children not able to suck through the filter. No chemicals, pumping or batteries needed to produce instant clean drinking water.
- SUPER WATER CAPACITY – At least 1500 litres of water filtration when properly maintained – Save £100’s on bottled water – Great flow rate.
- EASY TO TRAVEL WITH – Comes with BONUS carabineer to attach to your backpack and go anywhere. Filter can be easily removed to use the bottle for drinks other than water.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01619QNS6″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”megat01-20″ cart=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]Travel Water Bottle – Purifies Water by Eliminating 99.9% of Bacteria & Parasites. [/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”right” cart=”y” height=”110″ identifier=”B01619QNS6″ locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” src=”http://www.megatraveltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/51pWuqtW5L.SL110.jpg” tag=”megat01-20″ width=”80″]
- REMOVES 99.9% OF WATERBORNE BACTERIA & PARASITES: Greatly reduces the risk of contracting illnesses such as diarrhoea, dysentery and Giardia.
- FILTERS UP TO 1000 LITERS OF WATER: The equivalent of 2000 disposable plastic drinking water bottles. Water Well is reusable, cost effective and engineered to last.
- FILL UP FROM RIVERS, LAKES, TAPS OR EVEN PUDDLES: Perfect for travelling, hiking, camping and a smart choice for survival situations when only impure water is available to drink.
- DURABLE BPA-FREE TRITAN PLASTIC. FLIP, BITE AND SIP Mouth piece with option to remove the bite valve to simply sip. No tipping required. New, sleek shape fits in the hand and most cup holders. The filter straw can be removed and the bottle sanitised in the dishwasher or with boiling water.
- NO AFTERTASTE AND REDUCED TURBIDITY : Water Well does not use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals unlike water purification tablets. Filters bacteria and particles to 0.1 microns; bacterial cells are typically 0.5 microns in size.
Travel water purification is an easier and more convenient way to have pure drinking water wherever you go. Choosing one depends on many factors such as convenience, cost, weight of the device and taste. Make sure to choose the one that is robust, light, appropriate for travel and available at a price that won’t break your budget.